Few get to witness summer’s fireflies lighting up Woodlawn at dusk.
We are opening up the cemetery for a special, after hours scavenger hunt that ends with a picnic on Fairview Lawn.
Team up with friends and family to hunt for clues and discover unusual monuments and little known stories along the way.
Scavenger Hunt will begin from the Conservancy office at Woodlawn's Jerome Avenue entrance.
Bring your own picnic and take advantage of access to the great lawn.
Here are a few last minute instructions and suggestions we would like you to keep in mind:
1. Gates Open at 6 P.M.
2. Enter at our Jerome Avenue entrance (GPS: 3800 Jerome Ave., Bronx, NY)
3. Free parking is available inside the cemetery.
4. We invite you to bring food, snacks, desert and beverages to picnic on the Fairview Lawn.
5. Food and beverages will not be available for purchase.
6. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
7. Bring blankets and chairs to sit upon.
8. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, as we will be outdoors for the entire evening and there is quite a bit of walking involved for the scavenger hunt.
9. Please bring canisters to catch fireflies when the sun goes down.
Jerome Avenue and Bainbridge Avenue
Bronx, NY 10470